Monday 3 December 2012

Being totally addicted to books I get immense joy reading a book and subsequently reviewing it. But, lots of people ask me.........'why do you review?' Well, the answer is simple - I do it for two reasons.
Firstly, I strongly believe in supporting authors. The talent it takes to pick a story out of your head and put it onto paper is huge! To craft characters, lives and a plot thrown in to draw a reader in takes skill. It takes even more skill to keep them interested and caring about the characters in the story. Its a magical process that casts a spell over me and I am well and truly spellbound!
Secondly, If I love a book I want the world to know about it! I want to share that little piece of a different world with someone else so that they will get as much pleasure from it as I have done. There's a part of me that feels that every story should be shared and touch as many lives as is possible.
Since the blog launched on Saturday, the support I have been offered from writers, readers and other reviewers has been wonderful so thank you all so much. I'd like to give a special mention to the wonderful Nikki Bywater who herself has a book review blog which you can find HERE . Thanks for all your support Nikki.
The offers I have had from all the lovely people of the literary world in which I seem to virtually inhabit enjoying for quite a while now have been outstanding in their encouragement and support in getting this blog promoted and noticed. Many have offered to feature the blog on their own sites. You are all generous of heart and are a very special group of people. To kick start off a series of promotions featuring me and the blog, the lovely Suzy Turner has interviewed me regarding my tastes in books. So, let me direct you to Suzy's site to read the interview  http://www.suzyturner.blogspot.pt/2012/12/monday-mortals-blogger-jontybabe.html

3 Responses so far.

  1. Best of luck on the new blog. I'm am visiting from Suzy's blog...nice to meet you!

  2. Nikki says:

    Thanks to you too. I know this is going to be an excellent blogs with some great posts and books. I can see my TRP will be huge into the New Year :) thanks to your wonderful reviews xx

  3. All the best with your new blog, which I will be delighted to support by following and adding you to the blogroll on my own book review blog.

- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign