Thursday 26 June 2014



Book blurb –

Julie Ayers is a normal fifteen year old living in the quiet town of Sunset, Ohio. Her world is turned upside down by the arrival of the school’s new teacher, Marcus Campbell.

Marcus Campbell has a secret. He is a warrior from a medieval dimension searching for the mythical "Heart"-a hero given to the people of Seras to rid their world of impending evil. Marcus’s quest is challenged when he realizes that the "Heart" is the vibrant teenage girl. Now, against his better judgment, he must try convincing Julie to go to his world and begin preparation to face whatever evil lies ahead.

Journey to Seras is the first book in the five part The Heart of Seras fantasy series. It begins the adventures of the two unlikely heroes as they battle the dark forces of Seras.

Author bio and links




My name is Joe Evener. I am a 5th grade Social Studies and Language Arts Teacher at Big Walnut Intermediate School in Sunbury, Ohio. I live with my wife of thirty-two years, Bronwen, in Delaware, Ohio. I am the father of two sons, Joey and Jacob, and grandfather of two, Jacob and Jamison.

I have been the head coach of the Big Walnut girls’ track and field team for 19 years. I earned my bachelor degree in 2009 from The Ohio State University, and my master’s degree from Mt. Vernon Nazarene University in 2011. I have been the head coach of the Big Walnut High School Girls' Track and Field team for 19 years. Besides writing and coaching, I enjoy traveling with family and friends.

I earned my Associate Degree in 2007 and Bachelors Degree in 2009 from The Ohio State University; and my Masters Degree from Mount Vernon Nazarene University in 2011.I have been the head coach of the Big Walnut High School Girls' Track and Field team for 19 years. Besides writing and coaching, I enjoy traveling with family and friends.

I earned my Associate Degree in 2007 and Bachelors Degree in 2009 from The Ohio State University; and my Masters Degree from Mount Vernon Nazarene University in 2011.

I have been the head coach of the Big Walnut High School Girls' Track and Field team for 19 years. Besides writing and coaching, I enjoy traveling with family and friends.

I earned my Associate Degree in 2007 and Bachelors Degree in 2009 from The Ohio State University; and my Masters Degree from Mount Vernon Nazarene University in 2011
Besides writing and coaching, I enjoy reading, and traveling with family and friends.


Publisher – Rogue Phoenix Press

Buy link –



2 Responses so far.

  1. Unknown says:

    Enjoyed the post. Journey Seras... sounds great - and Joe is an interesting guy - but I wouldn't want to play Scrabble with him. Good luck Joe.

  2. Unknown says:

    Thank you! I appreciate it. And I appreciate the chance to have my book on here.

- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign