Thursday 30 April 2015

Reviewer Spotlight!


As many of you know, I run book tours and have lots of tour hosts who help with these tours. My wonderful bookish family who are always so supportive. While we spend lots of time promoting authors, its sometimes lovely to help promote the reviewers too. As a reviewer myself, I know how much hard work goes into book promotion. So, lets find out about Amanda Bonsell and her blog!


REVIEWER INTERVIEW


What is your blog called?
 ajbookreviewclub 


How did you come up with the name?
My name Amandajayne and I love to read. I had a few friends that wanted to review for me on my blog so that why I use review club. We use too #Ajscoolcoverchallanges which I do each Sunday on my blog now.


What sort of books do you review?
Crime / thriller, historical, chicklit and any women fiction. I will read any book if it interests me. I really do like most kinds of books. Here are some I like……..


Do you take part in tours?
Yes I love doing tours as it’s a chance to read some fab books and meet new authors, often ones I’ve not heard of or read before.


Why did you decide to start a blog?
I used to do book reviews on my diet facebook group. I have lost 5 stone now and a lot of us read so we would recommend books to each other but it was taking over my group as so many of us read books. So I decided to do a blog and on 15 April it was a year old. I love doing it so much and yes it takes a lot of time but I enjoy reading so much. 


List 3 great books you have read lately




Disclaimer by Renee Knight 

 
















How I lost you by Jenny Blackhust 








 If I could by Rene D Schultz















How many books are on your TBR pile?
100 on my kindle as it’s too easy to keep adding books to.  But I also have about 50 real books to read. I do like my real books and kindle so much easier to pop in bag for work. 




 How many books do you read a week?
I normally read about 4 books a week but sometimes I read up to 6.  I just read in my spare time after work and looking after my family.


List 3 interesting facts about you.
One
I am a trained beauty therapist. I had my own room in a salon but gave up to work for a big cosmetic company which I did not enjoy doing.

Two 
I am dyslexic but I do not let this stop me from reading.  Here is a post I did on why I blog

Three 
I have had type 1 diabetes since I was 2 years old.  It’s just part of my everyday life.


Tell us where we can find your blog.

Thank you much for having me on your blog I enjoyed doing your questions.  You can find me on Twitter @ Ajcraftybox 


Thanks to Amanda for taking time out of her busy reading schedule to appear on the blog. Be sure to check out her blog. If you are a book blogger and would either like to appear as a guest or to join Brook Cottage Books as a tour host then please email me at brookbooks@hotmail.co.uk for more info.



https://dub125.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gifhttps://dub125.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gifhttps://dub125.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gifhttps://dub125.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gif




One Response so far.

  1. Great to meet you Amanda! I can't believe you read 4 books a week - and sometimes 6!! OMG that's insane. I wish I could read that many. I'm gonna check out your blog... it sounds fab :D

- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign