Thursday 15 August 2013




Brook Cottage Books is thrilled to have Valerie Anne Baglietto as the Author in the Spotlight today. Tell us a little about yourself Valerie!
"I was born in Gibraltar in 1971, and came to England when I was three. I wrote my first book when I was four, pure fiction about a little boy whose mother's nose was incredibly long and spiral shaped. The writing bug had bitten!

To begin with, I had a 'Day Job', working in London as a graphic designer in my young, free and single days, but I always wrote in my spare time, sometimes till the small hours of the morning - when I had the stamina to still get up at 6.45 to catch my train!

I've lived in North Wales with my husband for over a decade now, and had four romantic comedies published by Hodder & Stoughton. My first novel THE WRONG SORT OF GIRL won the Romantic Novelists' Association New Writer's Award in 2000. Then motherhood took over and family became my number one priority. I still experimented with different writing styles and genres, when I had the chance, and even wrote a children's book. I'm also honoured to be a member of the NW NOVELISTAS, a local group of writers, including the best-selling Trisha Ashley and Anne Bennett among other popular authors. They were a huge help when I was trying to work out what direction I wanted to take next.

"Although I love children's literature, I wanted to return to adult romances again, and with ONCE UPON A WINTER I married both loves to create a contemporary adult fairytale. One moment my heroine is making the school-run and sewing cushions for the PTA, the next she's discovering that the husband who deserted her and her children might belong more to a fictional world than the real one. The majority of the action takes place in a picturesque Welsh village 'hidden among the hills', which hopefully lends it a slightly fairytale-like quality. My latest release is the long-length novella THE TROUBLE WITH KNIGHTS IN SHINING ARMOUR, also set among the magical rolling hills of North Wales.




If you're a fan of the TV programme Once Upon A Time, and films such as Enchanted and Stardust, then you have similar tastes to me and might enjoy my stories. They're not dark paranormals, but they're not all sweetness and light either.




Tweet: @VABaglietto. I am also on Facebook and have a Fan Page there, too.
The NW NOVELISTAS' blog: http://novelistasink.blogspot.co.uk


 
Both books are available worldwide on Amazon.


- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign