Thursday 19 December 2013

Brook Cottage Books is thrilled to have Lorraine Wilson back on the blog with another guest post in celebration of the publication of Revenge of a Chalet Girl. Thanks Lorraine.



Writing my first Christmas novella


As both my chalet girl books so far are set in winter they have included Christmas and New Year but I was asked to make the third more Christmassy by my editor (her actual words were 'where are the sleigh bells?'). 

So I thought about what I love to do in Switzerland in December and sat down to write a new scene in which the whole gang go down to the Christmas markets on the lakeshore of Montreux. It's one of my favourite places at any time of the year but in winter the view across to Evian and the French Alps is simply stunning. Add in hundreds of chalet stalls laden with delicious food and unique Christmas present ideas, the medieval market within the walls of Chateau Chillon and some vin chaud and the setting is pretty much perfect.

In fact I made myself long to be there again, so much so that when my husband suggested we go again this year I caved instantly, thus making the scene the most expensive set of revisions ever!

I even gave my editor her sleigh bells, although I have a feeling I didn't include them in quite the way she intended ;-)

Revenge of a Chalet Girl by Lorraine Wilson (Publication date: 19/12/2013)

All she wants for Christmas is…revenge.

When chalet girl Amy Wright finds her ex’s name on Chalet Repos’ guest list she sees her chance to get back at him – Josh Carter, the guy who broke her heart. Getting revenge without losing her job will be tricky but luckily the other chalet girls are on hand to offer their support. Pretty soon she’s in too deep and realises she doesn’t want to hurt him anymore. She wants him back.

There’s just one teeny complication…

Keep up to date with new releases in the Chalet Girl Series - www.facebook.com/LorraineWilsonWriter 





                                     

- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign