Sunday 14 October 2018

Right on the Monet by Malcolm Parnell

Release Date: 2018
Genres: Crime


Right on the Monet

New York
Claude Monet painting is stolen.

Mediterranean
Of all the things Harry Chase had imagined in his life, being a drummer on a cruise ship band was not one that would have occurred to him. And yet, there he was. Centre stage, behind a young female singer along with his mates, Dave, Tony and Steve.

Which meant that getting involved in a jewellery theft, an on-board massage parlour and the hunt for an Old Master was even further from his mind as he cracked the snare drum.

And yet, this was exactly how he found himself being questioned by Interpol …..

AUTHOR INTERVIEW



Do you write under your real name or is this a pen name you use? 

 I use my real name.

Where are you from? 

I live in Earl Shilton in Leicestershire.


List 3 interesting facts about yourself. 

I paint watercolours and oils, I used to play drums in a band, I am a season ticket holder at Leicester city football club. 


What was the first thing you ever had published? 

A Brush With Death which is the first of the Harry Chase novels.


Do you have a writing routine? 

 Not as such but I find early morning is best.


Do you have any writing rituals? 

No.


Where did the idea for your most recent book come from?   


A few years ago my wife and I enjoyed a Mediterranean cruise and the idea stems from that.  


Who was the first person you shared your book with? 

My wife Marion


Do you have a current work in progress? 

 At the moment I am working on a children’s book, as yet untitled.


Do you have any advice for budding authors? 

Write and keep writing. Do not listen to the inner voice that says you cannot do this.

Author Bio


My name is Malcolm Parnell and I live in Earl Shilton in Leicestershire. I am sixty three years old and am married with two daughters and four grandchildren. Apart from writing I enjoy watercolour/oil painting and I run a two monthly classes locally. It is these classes that gave me the idea of my first novel, A Brush With Death, in which the protagonist Harry Chase is an artist who takes a group of amateurs on a painting holiday to Dorset. Unfortunately for Harry one member of the group is not who they seem and attempts are made on Harry’s life. I have been asked how I would describe my work and I admit to finding the answer a struggle. They are definitely mystery novels but not of the deep psychological kind or the action hero kind. Harry is an ordinary bloke with ordinary hang ups and self-doubts who would never see himself as a hero in any way shape or form. I like to inject a deal of humour into my books and they are intended to entertain and I see them as great escapism which hopefully keep people guessing whilst having a few giggles along the way.

I have always loved reading and cut my teeth on Enid Blyton and Franks Richards. Currently my reading tastes are very eclectic and my favourite writers at present are Peter Lovesey, PG Wodehouse, Harlan Coben and CJ Sansom.

 Peter Lovesey’s novel The False Inspector Dew is one of my all-time favourites.


Social Media Links – Twitter - @PaintAuthor
Facebook - malcolmparnellbook



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/42183011-right-on-the-monet?from_search=true

 

- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign