Monday 5 July 2021



The Lies she Told by Lynda Renham  
Release Date: 5th July 2021
Publisher: Raucous Publishing
Genres: Crime / thriller

The Lies She Told.  A quiet village, a friendly community, a brutal attack.

Life in the village of Stonesend is pretty uneventful, that is until Detective Tom Miller is transferred there following a personal tragedy. He is not greeted well by local police officer, Beth Harper, who feels he is not up to the job. The day of his arrival, Kate Marshall, a teacher at the local school, is beaten in her own home and left for dead.  The villagers are left in a state of shock.  Was it a random attack, or something more personal?

 AUTHOR INTERVIEW



1.    How long did it take you to write the book? I think this book took me six months. It actually kept me reasonably sane during the lockdown. It was a great way to escape all that was happening.


2.    Are you a plotter or do you fly by the seat of your pants? I'm a mixture of both. When it comes to the plot, I have to work out exactly all the twists and turns before I start writing, but the characters evolve as I write it.


3.   How much research was necessary for this book? A fair bit of research was needed, but that's all part of the fun of writing for me.


Is it difficult to make the swap from writing romantic comedy to psychological thrillers? No. not really. I thought it would be. In fact, I think I prefer writing thrillers because I can really get my teeth into them, and  I love planning a good twist for the end.  I have, however, missed writing romantic comedies and have one on the go at the moment.


Where did the idea for this latest book come from? From a documentary I watched. The idea came into my head while watching it.

 

What was the most challenging thing about writing this book? It was making the plot watertight.  I went over it many times to make sure it was.

 

Can you tell us a little more about your main characters? It's a bit difficult to do that without giving too much of the plot away. Let's say people aren't always what they seem to be, and when the truth is revealed, it is something of a shock for the reader.


What are you currently working on at the moment or are you taking a well earned rest for a while? I'm working on a romantic comedy and a romance and then a well-earned rest.

 

9.  Do you have any advice for aspiring authors? Never give up, no matter how many rejections, bad reviews or disappointments. Just keep on going and have confidence in yourself and don't be afraid of criticism, because it's your friend.

 

Out of all the books you've written, do you have a favourite character or is that like asking you to pick a favourite child? Yes, I do. It's Ewan Galbreith, in the novel 'Watching You.'


ABOUT LYNDA RENHAM


Lynda Renham is author to many popular romantic comedy and gripping psychological thriller novels. She lives in Oxford, UK. She has appeared on BBC radio discussion programs and is a prolific blogger, Twitter and when not writing can usually be found wasting her time on Facebook.


Facebook:  Lynda Renham 

Twitter: @Lyndarenham



 

- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign