Friday 4 July 2014






One night, I had a dream. No seriously. Okay, I dream a lot, and mostly weird stuff, but this particular night, I had a really vivid dream. It was so real that when I woke up, it felt like the whole thing had really happened. Do you ever get this?

Anyway, this dream was about a radio show. It probably stemmed from having been involved in The Midweek Drive Show over on Siren 107.3FM quite regularly over the past eighteen months, plus a host of other radio appearances. I’m a bit of a microphone addict, you see.

So this dream was about a radio show. My radio show. I’d called it BOOKS ROCK, and I was interviewing a variety of authors and readers, and playing my favourite tunes in between. Seriously, I saw the whole thing, right down to the printed schedule in my hand and the microphone in Studio 1C in my face. Weird, or what?

I scrambled out of bed and shot an email to the producer at Siren FM before I could think twice about it. I outlined the whole idea (omitting the dream bit, obviously) and hit ‘send.’ And then I prayed. Less than three hours later, I received an email back: It’s a go. Let’s talk.

And thus it came to be that I ended up with my very own radio show called… BOOKS ROCK! It airs once a month for one hour on a Saturday morning at 11 am UK time, with a repeat airing later the following week and a podcast available afterwards. Woohoo!

In my first show on 21 June, I was honoured to have authors Jill Mansell and Talli Roland, and fabulous bloggers JB Johnston and Kim Nash. Plus, at the station manager’s suggestion, I also introduced a ‘reality radio’ segment whereby I’m charting, every month, the process of one aspiring Lincoln writer by the name of Karina Jackson. I was terrified before the show went live, but I think it went okay! And you can check it out for yourself here…

Now give it up for the AWESOME JB Johnston who is a standing contributor and will undertake this journey with me month after month. And don’t forget to tune in on 19 July for the next instalment! http://www.sirenonline.co.uk/section/shows/books-rock

LISTEN TO THE 1ST EDITION OF THE SHOW!!!

                                         
CLICK ON PICTURE TO LISTEN



About Nicky Wells: Romance that Rocks Your World!

Ultimate rock chick author Nicky Wells writes romance with rock stars—because there’s no better romantic hero than a golden-voiced bad boy with a secret soft heart and a magical stage presence!

Nicky’s books offer glitzy, glamorous romance with rock stars—imagine Bridget Jones ROCKS Notting Hill! If you’ve ever had a crush on any kind of celebrity, you’ll connect with Nicky’s heroes and their leading ladies.

Born in Germany, Nicky moved to the United Kingdom in 1993 and currently lives in Lincoln with her husband and their two boys. Nicky loves listening to rock music, dancing, and eating lobsters. When she’s not writing, she’s a wife, mother, occasional knitter, and regular contributor at Siren 107.3 FM with her own monthly show. Rock on!






Did you know? There’s a single out now by Nicky’s fictional rock band Tuscq come to life! “Love Me Better” is available for download from Amazon, iTunes and many other places.

One Response so far.

  1. YAY! Thanks for sharing my dream, the vision, and the reality... and thanks for being part of the journey, JB! XX

- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign