Friday 3 January 2014

 

I know this seems like an unusual time of year to be posting a review about a book that is perfect beach reading. However, given that the weather is horrible, wet and miserable I thought a book with stories set in warm, far flung places would be perfect to cheer the soul!


Each of the stories, written by a variety of very talented authors is set in different countries and allows the reader to disappear off to exotic places with interesting people, all who find themselves in some unusual situations. 


Reading the book reminded me why I love short stories so much. Its the perfect book to dip in and out of whenever you need a bit of escapism. Even now I sometimes get the book out and disappear into a world of sun kissed beaches and swarthy handsome young men! So far I haven't found a story that I didn't enjoy! Each one is incredibly well written. This book gives you the perfect opportunity to get to read the work of some new authors and would certainly encourage me to look for more of their work. Highly recommended. Well done to all the authors for their contributions to this great anthology.



                                                                     

One Response so far.

  1. I'm definitely a fan of short stories, these days! (They're so much fun to write as well!)

    Sounds like a great collection, and I've just bought a copy. :)

- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign